I’ve been kind of down in the dumps the last few days. Not wanting to get out of bed in the morning (case in point this morning, sleeping in and being late for work). While I have suspected that I am burning out, I wasn’t quite yet ready to admit it to my self enough to slow down, but after stumbling across this questionnaire on the internet, I’ve realized I have some changes to make:
- Do I have an overwhelming feeling that there is not enough time to rest and do the things that make me happy? YES
- Am I losing motivation and focus in my current responsibilities? Yes I’ve had some diet slip up and I’ve started to slack off on meal planning.
- Am I physically more exhausted than I used to be? YES. I’m having a hard time getting up in the morning and I’ve been staying up too late in order to give myself “me” time.
- Am I feeling short tempered, irritable, negative or anxious? YES. I’ve been more scatterbrained than usual.
- Am I envious of people who have more time to do what they like? ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY!
- 6. Do I feel like I’m always “on” and just can’t seem to wind down without outside help. p (i.e. drugs and or alcohol)? NO.
- Am I missing important family events? Do my children complain I’m not around? NO.
- Am I catching frequent colds and/or flu’s, or do I have injuries that will not heal? NO.
If you are experiencing 1 – 3 of these you are over-scheduling yourself. You need to make some changes to allow some recuperative time in your schedule. Build time into your schedule to read, meditate, nap, be with your family, or even just take a contemplative walk.
If you are experiencing more than 3 of the above then you are in trouble. Perhaps you haven’t noticed any effect on your exercise or fat-loss goals just yet. But, trust me, if you don’t make some serious changes the effects will start showing up on your body. Well it’s time for me to make some serious changes.
It’s amazing what aweful, worrisome places the mind can take you when left to your own devises.
Thanks to my husband and some awesome online friends, I was able to realize that I have nothing to worry about and I have set up a plan of action to dissolve my worries and making my life a little bit more relaxing.
A facebook friend posted this quote today. I feel like it was posted just for me today:
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow, it empties today of strength.”
Thanks to my girls I am going to have a productive and relaxing evening. After I nice relaxing hot bath I’m going to put on my heels and practice my posing and knit some surprises for International Yarn Bombing Day, I may or may not have something planned for my gym 😉 Last but not least, but together a meal plan for next week.